Cambodian eVisa for Ukrainian Nationals
The culturally and historically vibrant Southeast Asian nation of Cambodia is now one of the favorite destinations for tourists and travelers from countries around the globe, including Ukrainian nationals. Over 7,000 Ukraine passport holders traveled to Cambodia in 2018, mostly motivated by leisure, which means the country has a unique offer in terms of food, people, experiences, and events that can be enjoyed all year round.
For Ukrainians visiting Cambodia for the purposes of tourism, the easiest way to enter the country is with a Cambodia eVisa. Out of all the Cambodian visa types available to visitors entering the country, the eVisa is both the most suitable and the most convenient for tourists.
This electronic visa to travel to Cambodia can be applied for online from the applicant’s home or office, and does not require a visit to a Cambodian embassy or consulate.
Documents Required for Ukrainian Citizens
According to Cambodian visa requirements for Ukrainian citizens, anyone applying for this type of electronic visa as a citizen of Ukraine must possess the following:
- Valid passport issued by the government of Ukraine: this passport must be valid not only when the eVisa application form is submitted, but also for 6 months or more following the holder’s planned date of arrival at their Cambodian port of entry.
- Digital passport-standard photo: applicants must provide a headshot of themselves that conforms to standard passport requirements, and is in JPEG or PNG format. In addition, applicants must provide a scanned or photographed copy of the biographical page of their passport.
- Functioning email address: once approved, the Cambodian online visa will be delivered electronically. As such, applicants must have a valid email address in order to receive their visa. When traveling, Ukrainian eVisa holders should print a hard copy of the electronic visa to present to immigration authorities upon entry into Cambodia.
Applying for the Cambodian eVisa from Ukraine
Applying for a Cambodian eVisa as a Ukrainian citizen is as simple as filling in and submitting an online form, providing some documents, and paying a fee. The online Cambodia eVisa application form should take roughly 10 minutes to complete and requires the following personal data from the applicant:
- Full name (as stated in the passport and/or other documents)
- Passport details (issuance date, passport number, etc.)
- Reason for visiting Cambodia (tourism, leisure, business, medical purposes, etc.)
- Medical and criminal-related questions to know the applicant’s health status and criminal history (if any)
- Supporting documents (passport-standard photo and biographical passport page), which can be sent alongside the application form or at a later date
It is important that all applicants confirm the information they have provided before submitting their application, as forms containing inaccurate or incomplete information will take longer to process.
Cambodian Online Visa: Processing Times and Application Fee for Ukrainians
The final step in applying for the Cambodian eVisa suited for Ukrainian citizens is to accept its terms and conditions and pay the application fee, which can be done using a debit or credit card.
Ukrainian applicants who have successfully submitted their application should expect to receive their Cambodia eVisa within 3 days, although e-Visas are often delivered within a matter of hours. However, occasional delays can cause delivery to take up to 4 days, therefore applicants are advised to submit their eVisa applications at least 4 days before they plan to depart for Cambodia.
Important: the Cambodia e-Visa is also called tourist visa or ‘T’ visa, and remains valid for a total of 3 months, while it permits entry into the country for stays of up to 30 consecutive days. Ukrainians wishing to spend additional time in Cambodia have the option to extend their online visa for another 30 days, but they need to do so once they are within Cambodia.
Cambodian Ports of Entry for Ukrainian Nationals
Individuals traveling on the Cambodian eVisa for Ukrainian citizens may enter Cambodian territory through the international airports of Siem Reap, Phnon Penh and Sihanoukville from anywhere in the world, or by land from Thailand, Vietnam, or Laos (Cham Yeam, Poi Pet, Bavet or Tropaeng Kreal border posts).
Do Minors From Ukraine Need to Apply for a Cambodia eVisa?
Ukrainian visitors traveling with minors are advised that all visitors to Cambodia need to be in possession of their own, individual Cambodian eVisa. However, parents or guardians are permitted to submit an eVisa application on behalf of a minor in their care, if necessary.
Visa on Arrival for Ukrainians Traveling to Cambodia
Ukrainian travelers may, as an alternative to the Cambodian eVisa, obtain a visa on arrival when they reach their port of entry in Cambodia. However, this option is not as convenient as the eVisa for a variety of reasons. For example:
- The visa on arrival must be paid for in cash only, using exact change, and in person upon arrival
- Travelers must bring a physical passport-size headshot of themselves to supply along with their application
- There is generally a queue to apply for visas on arrival at most Cambodian ports of entry, which may lead to delays and long wait times
Vaccination Necessary for Ukrainians Visiting Cambodia
There are currently around a dozen vaccinations recommended for Ukrainian citizens traveling to Cambodia. Included on this list are such vaccinations as yellow fever, pneumonia, tetanus, typhoid, and MMR. Travelers are advised to visit their doctor for these vaccinations at least 6 weeks before they intend to depart for Cambodia.
In addition to this precaution, travelers should follow Cambodian medical news and events in order to keep up to date with the general health and safety situation in the country.