Cambodian eVisa Requirements for Turkish
The Kingdom of Cambodia is becoming one of the most popular tourist spots in Southeast Asia. In 2018, the Southeast Asian country surpassed all of its records in terms of international tourist arrivals (more than 6 million visitors), hotel occupancy (over 72%), and international tourism receipts (nearly US$4.5 million).
In this sense, Turkey contributed with more than 7,000 of its citizens to the Cambodian international arrivals received that year. While 90% of Turkish nationals traveled with a tourist visa, around 4% did it for business purposes.
Visitors to Cambodia from Turkey should consider applying for a Cambodia eVisa for Turkish citizens before departing on their trip. Although there are numerous Cambodian visa types available, the eVisa is the most appropriate and convenient for Turkish travelers entering Cambodia as tourists. The Cambodian eVisa can be obtained quickly and simply via a straightforward online process.
Documents Required for Turkish Citizens
In order to satisfy Cambodian visa requirements for Turkish citizens, nationals will need to comply with three items:
- Valid passport issued by the Turkish government: this passport must be valid both at the time of application and for no less than 6 months after the holder’s planned date of entry into Cambodia.
- Digital photo, passport-size: applicants must provide a JPEG or PNG-formatted digital image of their head and shoulders that conforms to standard passport requirements in terms of composition, lighting, and size. A scan or photo of the biographical page of the applicant’s passport must be provided alongside this photo.
- Working email address: applicants will need a valid email address to receive their Cambodian eVisa for Turkish nationals electronically. Once they receive the electronic eVisa, applicants should print a hard copy and carry it with them in case they are required to present it upon entering Cambodia.
Apply for the Cambodia eVisa from Turkey
Applying for a Cambodian eVisa as a Turkish citizen is as simple as completing and submitting an online form. The form usually takes no more than 10 minutes to complete, and asks questions such as the applicant’s personal information, including their full name, passport information, reason for entering Cambodia, and relations (if any) living in Cambodia.
Additionally, applicants will be required to provide some information regarding their criminal record and health history. It is strongly recommended that all applicants review these details thoroughly before submission, as any inaccuracies on their form may slow down the application processing time.
Before the eVisa application can be completed, applicants will need to pay the application fee using a valid debit or credit card. Supporting documents (the passport-size photo and biographical passport scan) can be uploaded alongside the application form or after submission.
It should be noted that any minors traveling to Cambodia from Turkey must have their own, independent Cambodian eVisa for Turkish citizens, even if traveling with a parent or guardian. Parents and guardians may, however, complete and submit a child’s eVisa application on behalf of the child.
Visa Processing Times and Allowed Stay for Turkish
The Cambodia eVisa for Turkish passport holders is generally processed very fast, and is usually delivered within 3 days. Processing delays do occur, however, and as such, travelers from Turkey are advised to submit their eVisa application at least 4 days before they intend to leave for Cambodia.
It is important to notice the Cambodian online visa is also called Cambodia ‘T’ visa or simply ‘tourist visa’. Once issued, this electronic visa is valid for 3 months and allows travelers to enter Cambodia for a period of up to 30 consecutive days. Any Turkish passport holder wishing to stay longer may extend their visit by another month from within Cambodia.
Turkish visitors in possession of a Cambodian eVisa are permitted to enter Cambodia from Turkey or elsewhere via Siem Reap International Airport, Phnon Penh International Airport or Sihanoukville International Airport, and from Cambodia’s neighboring countries of Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos by land.
Cambodian Visa on Arrival for Turkish Citizens
In addition to the Cambodian eVisa for Turkish citizens, which is obtained before arrival in Cambodia, Turkey nationals also have the option to obtain a visa on arrival at their Cambodian port of entry. However, this option is less convenient than the eVisa for a number of reasons, including the following:
- The application fee must be paid in cash, in the exact amount, at the traveler’s port of entry.
- Travelers must carry a physical passport-size photo with them to submit alongside their application.
- It is usually necessary to queue at the immigration desk upon entering Cambodia in order to obtain this type of visa.
Health Advisories for Turkish Traveling to Cambodia
Currently, roughly a dozen vaccines are recommended for travelers visiting Cambodia, including shingles, rabies, meningitis, diphtheria, and others. Turkish nationals planning a visit to Cambodia should see their doctor at least 6 weeks before they leave to arrange these vaccinations.
Furthermore, travelers are advised to stay up to date with the latest news and developments out of Cambodia in order to ensure that their health preparations are adequate before they go.