Cambodia Visa for Taiwanese citizens
Cambodia is a warm, charming, and fantastic country to visit on your trip to Southeast Asia. However, before booking your hotels, flights, and activities, there is one very important document that you must have in order to enter the country: a Cambodian visa!
Getting a Cambodia visa is quick and simple, thanks to the eVisa system. Instead of waiting at the local embassy or consulate, travelers can apply and pay online from the comfort of their own home for their tourist visa before they arrive. Our straightforward guide will show you what requirements are needed, how to apply, and what to know before getting a visa to Cambodia.
Cambodia Visa Requirements from Taiwan
Obtaining a Cambodian visa for Taiwanese citizens is a simple and straightforward process.
In the past, travelers would need to apply for a Cambodian visa in person at the local consulate or embassy. However, you do not need to apply for your Cambodian visa in person at the embassy anymore. In fact, you can apply for your Cambodian visa online with your taiwanese passport and in under 30 minutes!
There are only a few Cambodia visa requirements. Here is what you will need to get started on your online application:
- Valid passport: Every traveler must have a valid Taiwanese passport before they can enter the Kingdom of Cambodia. You must also make sure that your passport is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in Cambodia. Otherwise, you run the risk of having your application denied.
- Digital Photo: The online Cambodia visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Valid email address: Even though your eVisa will be linked to your passport, it is still important to have a copy of the document just in case. You will receive a copy of your eVisa via email address. It is recommended to have this copy printed out, just in case you need to show it to the immigration officer when you arrive in Cambodia.
- Required Information: The application will ask you a few questions about your background, which might include but is not limited to:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
Documents Required for Taiwanese Citizens
Since the process of applying for a Cambodian visa is all done online, you will only need your passport information and a recent photo in order to start the application. Once you have these two documents ready, you are ready to apply for a Cambodia visa.
Applying for the Cambodian eVisa from Taiwan
You can apply for your Cambodian eVisa from the comfort of your own home; all you need is your computer and the online application.
To apply for the eVisa, you will need to fill out the application, which will ask you basic questions such as your name, surname, passport information, your purpose of visiting Cambodia, if you have any relatives living in Cambodia, and so on. The process is very straightforward and will take most people between 10-15 minutes.
The Cambodian eVisas for taiwanese citizens are issued for stays up to 30 days, although it is possible to extend your visa for an additional 30 days (for a total of 60 days).
After you finish the application, you will need to wait for the approval of your Cambodian eVisa from Taiwan.
The average time it takes to get an approval in your email inbox is usually within 24 hours, but sometimes it may take up to five days (depending on demand and public holidays).
With dozens of daily nonstop flights, Cambodia is less than 5 hours away from Taiwan. It’s time to visit the awe-inspiring temples, try the delicious local delicacies, and interact with the friendly locals. Cambodia is waiting for you; all you need is a visa and a plan.
FAQ’s About Cambodian eVisa for Taiwanese
Unfortunately, Taiwanese citizens don’t enjoy visa-free status for Cambodia. This means that they need obtain a valid travel authorization before they can cross the Cambodian border and enter the country.
On the other hand, Taiwanese nationals are eligible for the Cambodian electronic visa. This is a new type of visa that allows for an entirely online application. Taiwanese travelers can obtain their Cambodian visa from the comfort of their home or office, without having to visit a Cambodian embassy or consulate in person.
Taiwanese citizens are allowed to apply for Cambodian visas online, offline through an embassy, or at the border. However, the visa at the border (or visa on arrival) may be one of the most inconvenient options.
The online tourist visa for Cambodia avoids all of the above. Taiwanese tourists can simply apply online from the comfort of their home before traveling to Cambodia, and receive their visa via email.