Cambodia eVisa for Swedish Citizens
The majority of foreign citizens who wish to travel to Cambodia are required to first obtain a visa to do so. There only a few nationalities whose citizens are able to travel to Cambodia visa-free for short stays. Swedish citizens planning to explore Cambodia require a Cambodian eVisa and a valid Swedish passport. There are different types of Cambodia visa that Swedish citizens can use to enter the country, depending on the duration and purpose of their stay.
The quickest and easiest way to obtain a visa is to apply for the Cambodia tourist eVisa. Applicants can submit a Cambodia eVisa application from Sweden from the comfort of their own home. The Cambodia tourist eVisa permits the holder to stay in Cambodia for a period of 30 consecutive days. The visa can, however, be extended to a total of 60 days by visiting the Cambodian National Police Immigration Department at the Ministry of the Interior once already in the country.
Cambodia eVisa Requirements for Swedish Citizens
To apply for the Cambodia visa from Sweden, the applicant is required to meet the following eVisa requirements:
- A valid Swedish passport – All Swedish applicants should have a valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the travel date to Cambodia. If the applicant passport fails to meet this criterion the visa application risks being declined.
- A recently taken digital photo – The applicant will be required to provide a digital photo of PNG or JPEG format. The photo should be colored with a white background and taken within 6 months of the visa application.
- A current email address – This email address is required to provide the applicant with the details of the visa processing status. The applicant will also receive a copy of the eVisa via this email when the application is successful.
- Valid debit/credit card – The applicant will be required to provide details of a valid debit or credit card that will be used to bill for the charges of the visa processing.
The passport the applicant uses to apply for the Cambodia visa from Sweden should be the same one that they will later use to travel to Cambodia. Applicants with multiple passports should be careful to use the same travel document. This is because the approved eVisa is electronically linked to the passport.
Travelers with a diplomatic passport for Sweden holders are privileged with visa-free access to Cambodia. This means that travelers from Sweden with valid official and diplomatic passports won’t need a visa to visit Cambodia. When traveling to Cambodia, holders of an approved eVisa for Swedish citizens are required to enter the country at one of the following points of entry:
- Phnom Penh International Airport.
- Siem Reap International Airport.
- Sihanoukville International Airport.
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province)
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province)
- Tropang Kreal Border Post (Stung Treng Province)
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province).
Applying for the Cambodia eVisa from Sweden
Applying for the Cambodia visa online is easy and straightforward. The applicant needs to complete an online application form that includes information such as their full names, date of birth, address, passport details, travel plans and reason for visiting Cambodia. The application process takes less than 30 minutes of the applicants’ time.
The visa processing time is dependent on the number of applicants and the date of application. The approval should take between 24 hours to 72 hours but can go up to 5 days. Applicants are advised to submit an application as soon as their travel dates to Cambodia are finalized, up to at least 1 week before the intended date of entry to Cambodia.
Once the visa is ready, the eVisa is linked to the applicants’ passport and the applicant will be notified via email. A copy of the visa will also be sent to the applicants’ email address. Travelers are then able to present a printed copy of the Cambodia eVisa from Sweden alongside the relevant passport to immigration officers upon arrival in Cambodia to gain expedited entry to the country.
Those who wish to spend longer periods in Cambodia, or visit for purposes other than tourism, are required to apply in person for a Cambodian visa for Swedish citizens from the nearest embassy or consulate. The type of visa issued will depend on the purpose and duration of the intended stay.