Vacationers are sure to enjoy their time in Cambodia with everything the country has to offer. Warm weather and lots of sun is just one wonderful aspect. Rich culture is another amongst many others. From the ancient temple ruins of Angkor Wat to the shopping opportunities found in the capital city of Phnom Penh there is no shortage of exciting activities.
The adventurous vacationer might enjoy the dense jungles and remote villages that are found in Koh Kong Provence’s mangrove or the Cardamom Mountains. Tourists seeking the seaside might plan to head south towards the coast. It is dotted with lively bars, present-day resorts, and ruins from French colonial rule.
Only 9 nationalities are able to travel to Cambodia visa-free. A Cambodia visa for Spanish citizens is required to enter the country.
As a Spanish citizen, there are two options for acquiring a visa. A visa on arrival is just as it sounds. It must be picked up at one of Cambodia’s entry point. Travelers have to bring the proper documentation and a credit/debit card for the fee.
Note, though, that this option is the most time consuming. It is extremely common for travelers to be met with long lines at any of the border entry points. Vacationers who want to avoid lengthy queue times can apply and receive their Cambodian visa before they even enter the country. The better option is to apply and obtain a tourist visa completely online.
Documents Required for Spanish Citizens
Applicants who want to apply for an online visa must have the proper documentation first. It is important to meet all the requirements before starting the process. This ensures that the application process is quick and easy.
The visa requirements for Spanish citizens are as follows:
- Valid Spanish passport: All passports must be valid for six months after arrival date and have blank pages for stamps
- Passport details: Expiration date, number, etc
- Digital photos: It is required that all applicants submit a digital (JPEG or PNG) passport size picture (more details on this below)
- Personal information: Full name, date of birth, etc
- Email address: This is where the approved eVisa will be sent
- Purpose of visit: Prepare to provide dates of travel and accommodation names
- Credit or debit card: in order to pay the visa fee
Note that there are also specific requirements for the visa photo. These include:
- The photo must be recent and taken within the last 6 months
- Neutral facial expression
- Eyes have to be open
- Only a white background permitted
- The applicant’s face and shoulders have to be visible
- Shoulders and face must be straight, without any angles
- Only full color photos are accepted
From time to time applicants are asked to provide health information and/or details about his or her finances. In the case that it does occur, having the paperwork ready will result in a speedier application process.
Applying for the Cambodian eVisa from Spain
The Cambodian eVisa is designed to be straightforward from beginning to end. In just a few steps a Spanish passport holder can fill in the information, pay the visa fee, and receive confirmation.
Once all the necessary information and the fee are collected, the eVisa will be sent to the email provided. It is important that supporting documentation is given with the application submission. This ensures travelers obtain their visa as quickly as possible.
Average approval time varies slightly. On average, approvals are sent within 3 business days. Sometimes visas are approved as soon as 24 hours after the application is submitted.
In the case of a delay, a visa might take up to 5 days. Therefore, it is important for travelers to apply for a tourist visa at least one week before their arrival in Cambodia.
Once travelers have an approved visa, they have up to three months from the issue date to use the visa. Each vacationer is allowed a 30-day stay in the country. If a traveler wishes to prolong his or her stay, there is an option of extending the visa for an additional 30 days.