Cambodia is quickly becoming a favorite for travelers from around the world, and especially for South Koreans. Over the last few years, there has been a steady increase of South Koreans in Cambodia: from businesses opening new factories, to tourists coming to see Cambodia’s natural wonders, it’s no wonder why everyone wants to visit. In fact, even South Korean President Moon Jae-in and his wife, First Lady Kim Jung-sook have visited Angkor Wat.
Out of 6 million tourists who visited the Kingdom of Cambodia last year, South Koreans were the 5th most popular visitors, with more than 350,000 tourists from South Korea.
However, in order to enter the Kingdom of Cambodia, South Korean tourists must have a visa. Thankfully, it’s very simple and easy to obtain an Cambodia eVisa; in most cases, it takes less than 20 minutes! To learn more about applying for an eVisa and how to get started, please keep reading.
Documents Required for South Korean Citizens
The process for obtaining an eVisa for South Korean passport holders is very simple. There are only a few Cambodia visa requirements that you must follow, which we have outlined below:
- Valid email address: Even though your eVisa will be linked to your passport, it is still important to have a copy of the document. You will receive a copy of your eVisa via email address. Please print the copy of your eVisa and have it on hand in case you need to show it to the immigration officer when you arrive in Cambodia.
- Valid passport: Every South Korean traveler must have a valid passport before they can enter the country of Cambodia. Please be advised that your passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in Cambodia. Otherwise, your application for a Cambodian visa may be denied.
- Digital Photo: The online Cambodia visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format).
Required Information: The application will ask you a few questions about your background, which might include but is not limited to:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
Cambodian Visa Application from South Korea
It is extremely simple to apply for your Cambodia visa from South Korea. All you need is a computer, your passport, and a few minutes of your time.
To start, you must fill out the online application. The application is straightforward and will ask you basic questions such as your name, surname, passport information, your purpose of visiting Cambodia, if you have any relatives living in Cambodia, and so on. It takes most people an average of fewer than 15 minutes to complete the form.
After you finish filling out the online application and submit your information, you will need to wait for the approval of your Cambodian eVisa. The average time it takes to get an approval is usually within 24 hours, but sometimes it may take up to five days, depending on demand and other factors.
The Cambodian eVisas are issued for stays up to 30 days, although it is possible to extend your visa for an additional 30 days (for a total of 60 days).
Diplomatic & Official Passport from South Korea
Holders of South Korean diplomatic and service passports have visa-free access to Cambodia
This means that you do not need to apply for an eVisa in order to be granted access to the country of Cambodia. If you are a South Korean citizen who is in possession of a diplomatic passport (such as an ambassador) or an official/service passport (such as a politician), there are special privileges that may entitle you to visit Cambodia visa-free.
Cambodia is home to hundreds of stunning tourist attractions: you can relax on a beach on one of Cambodia’s many islands; explore temples and historical sites; cycle through jungles and cities; or enjoy local cuisine and shopping.
No matter what you plan to do on your trip to Cambodia, make sure you have a visa beforehand so that your trip is stress-free. Apply today!