Cambodia eVisa for Omani Citizens
Cambodia has become one of the Southeast Asian countries with the greatest tourism increase in recent years, making visitors from all over the world, including Oman, travel to this place to enjoy its nature, ancient temples, and many festivals.
In order to access the country, Omani tourists must obtain an appropriate visa. The Cambodian electronic visa or eVisa is quick and easy to request online.
Cambodia Visa Requirements for Oman: Documents Needed
A Cambodian tourist visa is a mandatory document that all Omani nationals who intend to visit the country for tourism purposes must possess in order to enter.
At the moment, only the following countries are exempted from obtaining a visa:
Omani citizens intending to travel to Cambodia for tourism must first ensure that they meet the necessary Cambodian eVisa entry requirements to be able to apply for this online travel permit from the comfort of their home or office, without having to visit a Cambodian embassy or consulate.
In order for the requirements to be met, Omanis must gather the following:
- Omani passport with at least 6 months validity remaining at the moment of entering the country
- Scanned copy of the biographical page of the passport, not cropped or blurred
- Document-style photograph
- Credit or debit card to pay the Cambodia visa processing fee
- Email address to receive the travel authorization document in PDF format
Applicants should be aware that the photograph provided must follow the below guidelines:
- Background must be blank
- The length must be from head to shoulders
- It is recommended that the applicant has a neutral expression
It is strongly advisable that international visitors from Oman have a vaccination certificate for yellow fever, pneumonia, tetanus, typhoid, and MMR as it may be requested at the port of entry by the immigration authorities of Cambodia.
All medical terms established by Cambodia to enter the country must be met by Omani nationals.
How to Apply for the Cambodian Tourist Visa as an Omani
Omani nationals can apply for a tourist visa to Cambodia through the online form.
During the Cambodian eVisa application process, citizens of Oman must answer personal and passport questions (as well as providing some information regarding the trip) such as:
- First name (with all middle names as shown in passport if applicable)
- Family name
- Date of birth
- Region of birth
- Date of entry to the country
- Passport number
- Passport date of issuance and expiry
- Country of passport
Omani citizens may also need to answer a few questions regarding their health and criminal record.
Once the applicant has submitted the form and paid the visa fee with a credit or debit card, they will receive via email a confirmation message with the transaction ID confirming the payment. If all the information submitted is correct, the granted visa will be received via email within 4 business days.
All travelers from Oman must ensure that the information provided during the application process is complete and accurate and matches the passport details. It is advisable that visitors review their form carefully before submitting it.
In the case of Omani minors traveling to Cambodia, parents or legal guardians can assist the child in submitting an individual eVisa application form to enter the country.
Types of Cambodian Visas Available to Omani Citizens
Before applying for the visa, Omani nationals need to consider the purpose of their travel to Cambodia so they can choose the right Cambodia visa type beforehand.
The tourist visa is a document that has a 3-month validity period and allows a stay in the country of up to 30 days. The visa can be extended for another 30 days depending on the traveler’s needs but it must be done from inside Cambodia.
If the purpose of the trip is other than tourism, Cambodia offers these other types of visas:
- Business visa: This document can only be issued with a work permit, employment card, or other evidence
- Student visa: This visa is valid for the length of the course
- Retirement visa: The Omani citizen applying for this document must prove enough funds to cover their expenses in Cambodia, and is not allowed to buy houses or land
These visas need to be issued directly by the embassy. This means that Omani applicants must submit their request in person.
A visa on arrival is still available for Cambodia, however, long queues at the airport and the need to carry all supporting documentation make it a less convenient option for Omani nationals.