Cambodia Visa for New Zealand Citizens
Citizens of New Zealand are required to obtain a visa to travel to Cambodia. The visa can be presented either in the form of a physical visa granted by the Cambodia Ministry of Foreign Affairs or an electronic visa. There are different types of Cambodian visas that New Zealand Federation citizens are eligible to apply for, depending on the purpose and duration of the stay.
Travelers from New Zeland are now able to apply for an electronic visa for Cambodia through a simple online application. The eVisa for Cambodia for citizens of New Zealand allows the holder to visit the country for purposes of tourism. It permits a total stay of 30 days and is valid for a total of 90 days to enter Cambodia from.
New Zealand citizens can now get their Cambodia tourist visa by applying online from the comfort of their own home, which eliminates the need to visit an embassy or consulate to apply for a visa, or wait in immigration queues at Cambodian border to obtain a visa on arrival.
Online Visa Requirements for New Zealand Citizens
To in order to submit an eVisa application, it is first necessary to meet the following Cambodia visa requirements from New Zealand:
- A Valid New Zealand Passport – The applicant requires a valid New Zealand passport to be eligible to apply for the eVisa. The validity period of the passport should be a minimum of 6 months from the planned entry date to Cambodia. If the travelers’ passport does not meet this requirement, the application risks being declined.
- A digital photo -The visa application process requires a recently taken photo of the applicant in digital format-either JPEG or PNG format, passport-sized. This photo should be in color and taken against a white background.
- An email address – The applicant is required to provide a valid working email address. This address is used to notify the applicant of the status of the visa application. A copy of the approved visa is also sent to this email.
- Billing option – A valid debit or credit card is required so that the applicant can be billed for the visa processing fees.
It is necessary to use the same passport to complete the Cambodian eVisa application from New Zealand as that which the applicant will later use to travel to Cambodia. This is because the approved visa is electronially linked to an individual travel document. Applicants with dual nationality should keep this in mind.
eVisa Application for New Zealand Passport Holders
The online Cambodia visa application from New Zealand only takes a few minutes to complete. The process entails filling in an online application form with the following:
- Personal Information such as full name, age, date of birth
- Reason for visiting Cambodia
- Passport details such as the number, validity period, nationality
- Details of any relatives currently living in Cambodia, if applicable
Once the processing is complete, the traveler will receive a notification via email. If the application is successful the applicant will then receive a copy of the eVisa via email. Although the eVisa will be linked to the travelers’ passport, the traveler is advised to print a copy of the eVisa to present to immoigration officiers upon arrival at the Cambodian border.
The Cambodia visa for New Zelaand citizens is normally processed within a period of 24 hours. In some cases, the processing may take up to five days depending on demand and the dates of application.
The issued eVisa remains valid for a period of 30 consecutive days. On arrival to Cambodia, the traveler can apply for an extension of the visa validity for 30 more days.
Diplomatic & Official Passport from New Zealand Federation
New Zealand Federation’s diplomatic passport holders are privileged with visa-free access to Cambodia. This means that travelers from New Zealand with valid official and diplomatic passports won’t need a visa to visit Cambodia.
Ordinary new Zelaand passport holders who wish to travel to Cambodia for a longer stay with that permitted with the eVisa, or for other purposes such as to work or study, are required to submit a visa application in person at the nearest Cambodian embassy or consulate.
It is also possible to obtain a Cambodia visa on arrival for citizens of New Zealand at border entry points to Camboida, for purposes of toursm. However, the online application for a tourist visa is much more efficient, as there is no need to wait in immigration queues upon arrival in the country.
FAQ’s for New Zealand Applicants
The Cambodian eVisa is valid for a total of 90 days from its date of issue. This means that once you receive your approved Cambodian visa via email, you will have 90 days to travel to Cambodia and complete your trip.
Once you enter Cambodia, the eVisa allows a stay of up to 30 days within the country.
Should you need to stay in the country for longer, you may be eligible to apply for a long-term visa like a work or student visa. Contact your nearest Cambodian embassy or consulate for more information.
If you’re already in the country and realize that you need to stay for longer but the eVisa is about to expire, contact the Cambodian immigration authorities as soon as possible. Overstaying your visa should never be considered a good option, as it might result in fines and even incarceration or deportation.
A visa on arrival can only be applied for once you have already reached the country and are at the border.
Fortunately, you can apply for a Cambodian electronic visa online from New Zealand before traveling. You can do it as close to your departure date as 4 days before leaving. It only takes minutes.
Choosing whether to get a Cambodian eVisa before traveling or a visa on arrival in person at the airport is entirely up to you.
There are some factors to take into consideration when deciding to apply for a visa on arrival:
- You must get to the airport with the exact visa application fee in cash
- As well as your passport, you must take a passport photograph with you
- Prepare to wait in a queue at the immigration desk and plan accordingly