Cambodia Visa for Japanese Citizens
Cambodia is a country that’s waiting to be uncovered: explore the streets of Siem Reap, visit the UNESCO-listed Angkor Wat Archaeological Park, go shopping at the floating villages of Tonlé Sap, and more. Flights from Japan to Cambodia are less than six hours, which makes this a perfect holiday destination for a week. If you prefer to stay longer, you can stay in Cambodia for a couple of weeks or even a month.
Before you can travel to Cambodia though, please be advised that Japanese passport holders need to have a visa. Thankfully, obtaining a Cambodia visa for Japanese Citziens is quick and simple. We’ll show you what you need, how to apply, and what to know before you travel.
Visa Requirements for Japanese Citizens
The process for obtaining a Cambodian visa for Japanese passport holders is very simple. There are only a few Cambodia visa requirements that you must adhere to, which we have outlined below:
- Valid passport: Every Japanese citizen must have a valid passport before they can enter the country of Cambodia. Please be advised that your passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in Cambodia. Otherwise, your application for a Cambodian visa may be denied.
- Valid email address: Even though your eVisa will be linked to your passport, it is still important to have a copy of the document. You will receive a copy of your eVisa via email address. Please print the copy of your eVisa and have it on hand in case you need to show it to the immigration officer when you arrive in Cambodia.
- Digital Photo: The online Cambodia visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Please make sure that the photo dimensions are 35 mm x 45 mm and with a white background.
Required Information: The application will ask you a few questions about your background, which might include but is not limited to:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
How to Apply for a Cambodia Visa from Japan
It is extremely easy to apply for your Cambodian visa (also known as the tourist visa, or T visa). In fact, all you need is a computer, your passport, and a few minutes of your time.
1. To start, you must fill out the online Cambodia visa application. The application is straightforward and will ask you basic questions such as your name, surname, passport information, your purpose of visiting Cambodia, if you have any relatives living in Cambodia, and so on. It takes most people an average of 10-15 minutes to complete the form.
2. After you finish filling out the online application and submit your information, you will need to wait for the approval of your Cambodian eVisa. The average time it takes to get an approval is usually within 24 hours, but sometimes it may take up to five days. Please note that if you need a Cambodian visa in under five days, contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
3. Congratulations! Once you have received your visa to Cambodia, please note that the Cambodian eVisas are issued for stays up to 30 days. However, it is possible to extend your T visa for an additional 30 days (for a total of 60 days).
Japanese Diplomatic & Official Passports
If you are a Japanese citizen who is in possession of a diplomatic passport (for example, if you are an ambassador) or an official/service passport (if you are a politician), there are special privileges that may allow you to visit Cambodia without the need to apply for a visa.
Owners of Japanese diplomatic and service passports have visa-free access to Cambodia. This means that you do not need to apply for an eVisa in order to be granted access to the country of Cambodia. Please check with your supervisor or organization for more information before you travel to Cambodia.
Cambodia is home to hundreds of stunning tourist attractions: you can relax on a beach on one of Cambodia’s many islands; cycle through jungles and cities; explore temples and historical sites; or enjoy local cuisine and shopping. No matter what you plan to do on your trip to Cambodia, make sure you apply for a visa beforehand so that your trip is stress-free.
FAQ’s About Electronic Visa for Japanese Passport Holders
The online visa is valid for 90 days. That means that Japanese passport holders have 90 days to travel to Cambodia once they receive the visa via email.
After they cross the Cambodian border, eVisa holders from Japan have 30 days to explore the country and enjoy their holidays. It’s possible to extend the visa by contacting the Immigration Department in Cambodia should the traveler realize that they need to stay more than 30 days on Cambodian territory.
Increasingly more countries around the world are adopting electronic visas to speed up the application process. Cambodia offers both electronic and traditional visas.
The visa on arrival is an entry permit that eligible travelers can obtain once they’re already at the Cambodian border. In order to get one, Japanese citizens must present the relevant documentation together with the visa fee in cash at the immigration desk.
Queues at the airport can get long. Moreover, it may be hard to find the exact cash amount if arriving at night. That’s why many Japanese tourists opt to apply for the visa online instead, prior to departure.
Thanks to the speedy electronic process and the elimination of the need to visit an embassy, the eVisa is one of the most inexpensive permits. Japanese tourists can pay the visa fee online as they finalize their application. Mot credit and debit cards are accepted through the secure payment gateway.
Remember that paying the application fee is a requirement for the Cambodian visa. Should Japanese applicants fail to comply, their visa request will not be processed.