Cambodia, officially known as the Kingdom of Cambodia, is one of the hottest up and coming destinations for tourists in Southeast Asia. Thanks to its sunny weather, close proximity to other countries, and hundreds of stunning destinations, Cambodia is quickly becoming a country that many people add to their travel list. With a tourism slogan like “The Kingdom of Wonder, Feel the Warmth!”, doesn’t it want to make you book a ticket immediately?
However, it should be noted that you need to have a visa before you can travel to Cambodia. Thankfully, obtaining a Cambodia visa for German citizens is a quick, simple, and straightforward process. We have everything that you need to know in order to apply for a visa to Cambodia.
Angor Wat, the Silver Pagoda, and Koh Ker are waiting for you; apply for a visa today and you could be seeing these awe-inspiring sites!
Passport Requirements from Germany
Their passport must have a minimum of six months validity from the date of arrival in Cambodia.
The only thing that German citizens need in order to get their Cambodian visa is to fill out an application and successfully get approved for an eVisa. The process is simple, straightforward, and only requires a few pieces of information about you and your trip to Cambodia.
Likewise, the Cambodian Government issues tourist eVisas (also known as “T visas”) for stays of up to 30 days, although it is possible to extend the visa for an additional 30 days (for a total of 60 days).
Cambodia Visa Requirements for German Citizens
In order to apply for a Cambodian visa, there are a few documents and things that you need to have. Here is a quick and simple list of what to keep on hand as you fill out the application:
- Valid passport: Every traveler must have a valid German passport before they can enter the Kingdom of Cambodia. Please make sure that your passport is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in Cambodia. Otherwise, you run the risk of having your visa application denied.
- Digital Photo: The online Cambodia visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Valid email address: Even though your eVisa will be linked to your passport, it is still important to have a copy of the document just in case. You will receive a copy of your eVisa via email address. It is recommended to have this copy printed out, just in case you need to show it to the immigration officer when you arrive in Cambodia.
The application will ask you a few questions about your background, which might include but is not limited to:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
Application Process for Completing the Cambodia Visa from Germany
In order to get a visa to Cambodia, you must first start and fill out an online application. From there, the application will ask you basic information such as your name, surname, passport information, your purpose of visiting Cambodia, if you have any relatives living in Cambodia, and so on. The process is very straightforward and will take most people less than 10 minutes to complete the form.
After you finish the application, you will need to wait for the approval of your Cambodian eVisa. The average time it takes to get an approval in your email inbox is usually within 24 hours, but sometimes it may take up to five days.
As mentioned above, travelers will receive the standard eVisa, which allows you to stay within the country for 30 days. From there, you may extend your visa an additional 30 days by going to the embassy or consulate in Cambodia.
If you’re looking for an authentic Southeast Asia experience, look no further than a trip to Cambodia. To have an easy and stress-free experience, we recommend applying for your eVisa as soon as possible so that you can experience all of the amazing things that this country has to offer. Apply for a Cambodian visa today!