Cambodia is quickly becoming a popular tourist destination thanks to its beautiful beaches, cultural artifacts, bustling markets, and new surprises at every turn. Its most famous tourist attraction is Angkor Wat, a stunning temple complex that is the largest of its kind in the world.
If you’re a French citizen and plan to travel to Cambodia, it is important to obtain a visa before you can enter the country. Thankfully, getting a Cambodia visa for French citizens is quick and easy, and in most cases, it takes under 20 minutes. We will tell you everything you need to know, including the requirements, application process, and more.
Document Required for Apply the Cambodian eVisa from France
The process for obtaining an eVisa for French citizens is very simple. There are only a few visa requirements that you must follow, which we have outlined below:
- Valid passport: Every French traveler must have a valid passport before they can enter the Kingdom of Cambodia. Please be advised that your passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in Cambodia. Otherwise, your application for a Cambodian visa may be denied.
- Digital photo: The online Cambodia visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Valid email address: Even though your eVisa will be linked to your passport, it is still important to have a copy of the document. You will receive a copy of your eVisa via email address.
- Please print the copy of your eVisa and have it on hand in case you need to show it to the immigration officer when you arrive in Cambodia.
The application will ask you a few questions about your background, which might include but is not limited to:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
Cambodia Visa Requirements for French Residents
There are only a couple of requirements that you need to follow in order to receive your Cambodia visa.
Please make sure to have a recent passport photo, a valid passport (with at least six months of validity from the date that you enter Cambodia), and a payment method to pay the application fee. Once you have all of these ready, you can begin your application.
Applying for the Cambodia Visa from France
It is extremely simple to apply for your Cambodia visa from France; all you need is a computer, your passport, and a few minutes of your time.
To start, you must fill out the online application. The application is straightforward and will ask you basic questions such as your name, surname, passport information, your purpose of visiting Cambodia, if you have any relatives living in Cambodia, and so on. It takes most people an average of less than 10 minutes to complete the form.
After you finish filling out the online application and submit your information, you will need to wait for the approval of your Cambodian eVisa. The average time it takes to get an approval is usually within 24 hours, but sometimes it may take up to five days, depending on demand and other factors.
Cambodian eVisas are issued for stays up to 30 days, although it is possible to extend your visa for an additional 30 days (for a total of 60 days).
If you are planning a trip to Cambodia, it is important to make sure that you have a visa before you enter the country. We recommend applying for your visa with plenty of time to spare before your trip so that you can enjoy your travels and have a stress-free experience.