Cambodia eVisa for Egyptian Citizens
Visitors from most countries, including Egypt, need to obtain a tourist visa for traveling to Cambodia. The eVisa for Cambodia is an electronic travel authorization that allows Egyptian nationals to stay in the country for periods of up to 30 consecutive days.
Egyptian nationals who hold a Cambodia visa are free to enter the country by air or land.
Application Process for Egyptian Nationals
To obtain a Cambodia visa online, Egyptian citizens first have to access the Cambodia online visa application form. It is, therefore, essential to have access to a stable internet connection and an electronic device (smartphone, computer, or tablet).
All travelers, including minors, must apply individually and obtain a separate eVisa linked to their passport number. It is mandatory to travel to Cambodia with the same passport that is used for the application.
Egyptian travelers are required to provide the following personal and passport details in the application form:
- Full name as it appears on the passport that is used for the application
- Number of the passport
- The country where the passport was issued
- Dates on which the passport was issued and will expire
- Purpose of travel to Cambodia, accommodation details, and travel dates
Candidates who realize that they have made a mistake after having submitted the eVisa form, have the possibility to make the correction until the application has been processed. Note that the Cambodia online visa can be denied because of an error. In that case, the applicant will be asked to submit a new application.
The application fee can be paid using a valid credit or debit card. The payment is done through a secure online system. Once processed, the Cambodia eVisa approval is sent to the email address provided by the applicant.
Online Visa Requirements for Cambodia From Egypt
There are several requirements for the Cambodia eVisa that Egyptians need to meet. The most important is having a valid passport with at least 2 empty pages for stamps that are received at the Cambodian border. Furthermore, the passport must be valid for at least 6 months upon arrival in the country.
Other Cambodia eVisa requirements include:
- Having an unexpired payment card (either credit or debit) to pay the eVisa processing fee
- Having a valid email address to receive all information about the visa status and the visa approval
- Submitting a passport-sized digital photograph and a copy of the biographical page of the passport. It is also possible to forward these documents by email once the application has been approved
If all the visa requirements for Egyptians have been met, the eVisa will be received in a matter of days. Cambodia tourist visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue for a 30-day visit. Although the Cambodian Government issues only single-entry eVisas, it is possible to extend them for an additional period of 30 days.
Cambodia eVisa: Allowed Ports of Entry for Egypt
Egyptian visitors can enter the country using both land and air access points. In the case of air, Cambodia has three main commercial airports, being Phnom Penh International Airport the most important.
The most popular overland border crossings to Cambodia are the Aranyaprathet/Poipet border crossing from Thailand, the Bavet/Moc Bai crossing from Vietnam, and the Trapeang Kriel/Nong Nok Khiene crossing from Laos.
Each border has its own manner to function, therefore, Egyptians are encouraged to inform themselves about the details when using those border crossings:
Other Cambodia Visas Available for Egyptians
Instead of getting an eVisa for Cambodia, Egyptian nationals can choose to apply for a tourist visa on arrival. This option is convenient for last-minute travel. However, it is still recommended to arrive in Cambodia with an eVisa in order to avoid the hassle of waiting in long lines at the border.
Egyptian citizens traveling to Cambodia with a purpose other than tourism can choose between several types of Cambodian visas:
- The business visa allows foreign citizens to work in Cambodia under the condition that they have a work permit and an employment card
- The student visa is valid for the duration of the course/ study and applicants must present an official letter from their educational institute
- The retirement visa requires proof of the retiree status and sufficient financial means. The visa is valid for one year and can be renewed. With a retirement visa, Egyptian nationals are not allowed to work in Cambodia.
In order to apply for any of the above visas, travelers have to visit the nearest Cambodia representation such as an embassy or consulate in person. Only an eVisa can be obtained online.