Cambodia Visa for Danish citizens
Danish citizens planning to visit Cambodia are required to apply for a Cambodia Visa in order to travel to the country, as there are only a few Southeast Asian countries whose citizens can travel to Cambodia visa-free. Travelers with a valid Danish passport are eligible to apply for different types of visa depending on the purpose of their visit.
Among the visa types that Danish passport holders are eligible to apply for is the Cambodia electronic visa for foreigners. This visa was designed to help encourage more Danish citizens to visit Cambodia. When applying for the tourist eVisa, all the applicant needs is a computer with an internet connection. The simple online application eliminates the need to apply for a visa from an embassy or consulate or to wait in border immigration lines to obtain a Cambodia visa on arrival.
The eVisa is valid for a period of 30 consecutive days from the arrival date. Its validity can be extended for 30 more days for a total stay of 60 days. To apply for the eVisa for Cambodia, Danish citizens are required to supply a few documents which are discussed below.
Documents required for Danish Citizens
To apply for the Cambodia eVisa for Danish citizens, the traveler has to meet the following requirements:
- A valid Danish passport – To apply for the Cambodia visa, the traveler should have a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months. The validity period is counted starting from the intended date of arrival in Cambodia.
- Digital color photo with a white background – The applicants are required to have a recently taken digital passport photo in either JPEG or PNG format.
- An Active Email Address – The applicant will be required to provide a valid email address. This address will be used to send notifications on the visa status. The email will also be the recipient address of a copy of the eVisa when approved.
- Valid Cred/ Debit Card – The applicant will be required to provide details of a valid debit or credit card for billing of the visa processing fees.
Sometimes it may be necessary to provide some information about your health (such as history of vaccinations or medical records) and evidence of finances such as bank statements at a later stage of the application, or upon arriving at Cambodian border control. It is a good idea to have the documents on hand although they may not be required for your visa application.
Applying for the Cambodia eVisa from Denmark
Once the traveler meets the above requirements, they can begin the eVisa application process. The process of applying for the Cambodia visa online from Denmark is simple and straightforward and will only take around 10 to 20 minutes to complete.
Danish applicants will need to fill an online application form with the following information:
- Personal details (full names, nationality, date of birth)
- Reasons for Visiting Cambodia
- Details of any relatives living in Cambodia
- Passport Details (number, passport validity, nationality)
The passport information is important as the Cambodian online visa for Danish citizens will be electronically linked to the applicant’s passport. Applicants with dual nationality should make sure to use the same passport to complete the application as that which they will later use to travel to Cambodia.
Danish citizens with diplomatic passports like ambassadors and servicemen are exempted from applying for a visa to travel to Cambodia. Diplomats from Denmark are not required to provide a visa to gain entry to Cambodia.
Cambodia eVisa from Denmark Processing Time
The eVisa processing time is dependent on demand and time of application. The processing should take around 24 hours but can take up to 5 days in some cases. The applicant should ensure they begin the visa application early enough to ensure sufficient time for processing, ideally as soon as they know their travel dates for the country.
A copy of the approved visa is sent to the applicant using the email address provided during the application. The traveler is advised to print a copy of the eVisa to present to Cambodian immigration officials at the border when requested, alongside their valid Danish passport.
Those who wish to obtain a Cambodian visa from Denmark for purposes other than tourism, or for longer periods of consecutive stay, are required to apply for a visa from the nearest Cambodian embassy or consulate.