Cambodia eVisa for Czech Passport Holders
Cambodia is undoubtedly an up-and-coming tourist destination for travelers from around the world. Over the course of 2018, the country welcomed more than 6 million visitors, of which around 7,000 were Czech nationals mostly driven by leisure. In the near future it is expected this figure to increase, especially, given that the Cambodia online visa for tourism greatly reduces processing times for tourists all over the globe.
In consequence, citizens of the Czech Republic who are planning to visit Cambodia will want to obtain a Cambodian tourist eVisa. While the country offers visitors a range of different visa types depending on their intended activity in Cambodia, the eVisa is the most suitable option for travelers entering Cambodia for the purposes of tourism and leisure.
The Cambodian eVisa is simple to apply for and receive as the entire process can be completed online, which allows travelers to simply prepare their trip to Cambodia and enjoy its rich and diverse history, culture and culinary traditions.
How to Obtain a Cambodia eVisa from the Czech Republic
Applying for a Cambodian eVisa as a Czech citizen is a simple process that only requires the applicant to complete and submit a single online form and does not take more than 10 minutes to fill in.
Applicants must complete the following information:
- Full name
- Passport data
- Purpose of visit to Cambodia
- Names of family members living in Cambodia (if any), and other personal details
There are also some questions regarding the applicant’s criminal record and health status. Applicants should double check all the information they provide before submitting their application, as mistakes or missing details on the application may lead to a delay in processing.
The final step to submitting the Cambodia eVisa application is to accept the terms and conditions of the application and pay the processing fee with a debit or credit card. Applicants may choose to upload the supporting documents required (a digital passport-size headshot and a scan of their passport’s biographical page) either during the application process or after they have submitted their application.
Those applying for the Cambodia eVisa from the Czech Republic can expect to receive it within 3 business days, although the processing time is often even shorter. However, occasional delays in processing do happen, and in order to avoid travel disruption, travelers should plan to apply for their eVisa no later than 4 days before they intend to travel to Cambodia.
The standard Cambodian eVisa (also referred to as the tourist visa or “T” visa), once issued, remains valid for 3 months and permits the bearer entry into Cambodia for a period of maximum 30 consecutive days.
All Czech travelers who obtain a Cambodia electronic visa are permitted to enter Cambodia through its three international airports, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville, or by land from the following points:
Czech citizens traveling to Cambodia with children should be aware that, in accordance with eVisa requirements, all travelers must have their own Cambodia online isa. However, parents and guardians can submit an eVisa application on behalf of minors in their care.
Visa Requirements for Czech Nationals
Visa requirements for Czech passport holders specify that applicants for the eVisa must possess all three of the following:
- Valid Czech passport: it must be valid when the eVisa application is submitted and for 6 months or more after the date upon which the holder plans to arrive in Cambodia.
- Digital, passport-standard headshot: this photo must conform to standard passport requirements in terms of size and composition, and must be in JPEG or PNG format. Additionally, the applicant must provide a scan or photo of the biographical page of their passport.
- Email address: this email address must be valid, as the Cambodia electronic visa will be delivered online. Once the electronic eVisa has been successfully received, a hard copy should be printed out and carried along with the applicant’s passport for presentation at the Cambodian port of entry.
Cambodian Visa on Arrival for Czech Nationals
An alternative to applying for the Cambodian eVisa from the Czech Republic is to obtain a visa on arrival at a valid Cambodian port of entry. While this option is available to Czech nationals, it is less convenient than the eVisa for a number of reasons, such as:
- The application fee must be paid in cash, in exact change at the time of application
- It is necessary to provide a physical passport-standard headshot alongside the on-arrival visa application
- Travelers usually have to queue to submit their application to the immigration desk at their port of entry
Vaccinations Requirements for Czech Visitors to Cambodia
Czech citizens are advised that there are currently a significant number of recommended vaccinations for visitors traveling to Cambodia, including measles, diphtheria, hepatitis A and B, rabies, and more. Individuals traveling to Cambodia should visit their doctor at least 6 weeks before their trip to receive these vaccinations.
In addition, it can be helpful to monitor news in Cambodia to ensure that the health advisory for visitors to the country has not changed.