Cambodia Visa for Cuban Citizens
Cambodia is one of the most popular tourist destinations not only in Southeast Asia but in the world. It is home to the largest religious building in the world, the Angkor Wat, and offers some of the most important festivals year-round.
In 2006 the Cambodian government changed the way in which international travelers could obtain a visa and made the process easier, more economical, and without complicated procedures. It was then that the e-Visa to Cambodia was introduced, and Cuban nationals are on the list of eligible citizens that can obtain one online.
Apply for a Cambodia e-Visa From Cuba
Cuban travelers can successfully obtain an eVisa to Cambodia by completing the online application form, and then finalize the payment of the processing fee with a valid and working credit or debit card.
The online application is simple, quick, and straightforward, and normally takes around 10 minutes to complete once the necessary information and documents have been provided.
Some of the information required from Cuban citizens during the Cambodian application process is the following:
- Identification details of the Cuban applicant
- Payment method available to pay the visa fee
- Any health-related issue from the Cuban traveler relevant when entering Cambodia
- If applicable, any criminal record or conviction linked to the citizen of Cuba
- Purpose of the trip: tourism, business, visiting family/friends, etc.
The form always must be completed by submitting truthful, correct information. Otherwise, Cubans risk being denied entry to Cambodia.
Cambodia eVisa: validity & permitted use by Cubans
Traveling with a Cambodia electronic visa has many advantages for Cuban vacationers. It permits single-entry into the Asian country for tourism purposes with a maximum stay of up to 30 consecutive days.
If a visitor from Cuba requires a longer permitted stay, they can request a visa extension (for a maximum of an extra 30 days) once in Cambodia.
The total eVisa to Cambodia validity is of 3 months.
This means that Cubans must enter the Kingdom of Cambodia within 3 months from the issue date of the eVisa.
Processing times for a Cambodia online visa requested from Cuba
Cuban passengers can expect to receive the eVisa within 3 business days, yet it is strongly recommended to apply for the online visa at least 4 days before traveling to Cambodia due to elevated travel demands to Cambodia.
Compulsory Cambodia Visa Requirements Cuban Citizens Must Meet
The government of Cambodia has set in place some visa entry requirements that Cuban citizens, as well as all other eligible visitors, must meet to successfully obtain an online visa to Cambodia.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Personal information such as full name, date of birth, and country of citizenship
- A Cuban passport with at least 6 months left of validity before traveling to Cambodia
- Passport details such as issue and expiration date, a copy of the biographical page and the cover of the travel document (clear and legible image)
- Digital, passport-size photograph that abides by the Cambodia visa photo guidelines
- Trip plans when visiting Cambodia
Also, Cubans need to have the following when completing the application form:
- A working email address where the visa document will be sent
- A credit card or debit card to pay for the visa processing fees
It is also advised to print out the electronic visa before arriving at the immigration control desk in the case that an officer asks to see the approved travel authorization beforehand.
Cambodian e-Visa for a Cuban minors
It is important to note that all individuals wishing to travel to Cambodia must obtain their own individual eVisa. This also includes minors.
However, parents and guardians are able to complete the application form on behalf of the child.
Every applicant applying for themselves or on behalf of a minor must make sure that each individual passport has a minimum of 6 months’ validity when entering the country.
Vaccinations required when traveling from Cuba to Cambodia with an eVisa
There are various vaccinations that are recommended for travelers from all over the world, including nationals of Cuba, visiting the Kingdom of Cambodia.
To find out more about the Cambodian medical prerequisites related to the eVisa that Cuban nationals must meet, it is necessary to book an appointment with a local doctor at least one month before arriving in the country.
Best Way to Enter Cambodia From Cuba
Cuban travelers can enter the Kingdom of Cambodia through any of the authorized ports of entry. Cambodia’s international airports —Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and Sihanoukville— all accept international arrivers with an e-Visa Cambodia.
If Cubans wish to enter Cambodia via a land border, they can do so by using one of the following crossing points:
- Cham Yeam in the Koh Kong province from Thailand
- Poi Pet in the Banteay Meanchey province from Thailand
- Bavet in the Svay Rieng province from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post in Stung Treng
It is highly recommended Cubans are familiarized with the available local transport in Cambodia in order to move from one place to another without any problems.