Cambodia, officially known as the Kingdom of Cambodia, is a Southeast Asian country that is quickly becoming a popular destination for tourists around the world. There are hundreds of things to do, from enjoying cultural sites like the awe-inspiriting Temples of Angkor to island hopping, trying delicious food, and meeting friendly locals.
Before travelers can visit Cambodia, however, they must have a valid visa in their passport. If you are a Chinese citizen looking to get a Cambodia visa, we have everything you need to know.
To learn more about the requirements for a Cambodian visa, how to apply, and other things that you need to know, please keep reading:
Entry Requirements for Chinese Citizens
Obtaining a Cambodian visa for Chinese citizens is a very simple and quick task.
Although it was mandatory in the past, you do not need to apply for your Cambodian visa in-person at the embassy anymore. In fact, you can apply for your Cambodian visa online and in under 30 minutes!
There are only a few Cambodian visa requirements as a chinese citizen. Here is what you will need to get started on your online application:
- Valid passport: Every traveler must have a valid passport before they can enter the country of Cambodia. You must also make sure that your passport is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in Cambodia, otherwise, you run the risk of having your application denied.
- Digital photo: The online Cambodia visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Valid email address: Even though your eVisa will be linked to your passport, it is still important to have a copy of the document just in case. You will receive a copy of your eVisa via email address. It is recommended to have this copy printed out, just in case you need to show it to the immigration officer when you arrive in Cambodia.
The application will ask you a few questions about your background, which might include but is not limited to:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
Apply for the Cambodian eVisa from China
You can apply for your Cambodian eVisa from the comfort of your own home; all you need is a computer and the online application.
To apply for the eVisa, you will need to fill out the application, which will ask you basic questions such as your name, surname, passport information, your purpose of visiting Cambodia, if you have any relatives living in Cambodia, and so on. The process is very straightforward and will take most people less than 10 minutes to complete the form.
Cambodian eVisas are issued for stays up to 30 days, although it is possible to extend your visa for an additional 30 days (for a total of 60 days).
After you finish the application, you will need to wait for the approval of your Cambodian eVisa.
The average time it takes to get an approval in your email inbox is usually within 24 hours, but sometimes it may take up to five days (depending on demand and public holidays).
If you urgently need a Cambodian visa in under five days, please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Diplomatic & Official Passport for Chinese Citizens
If you are a Chinese citizen who is a holder of a diplomatic passport (such as an ambassador) or an official passport (such as a politician), there are special privileges that you may be entitled to.
Holders of Chinese diplomatic and service passports have visa-free access to Cambodia. This means that you do not need to apply for an eVisa in order to be granted access to the country of Cambodia.
Whether you plan to visit Cambodia to see the temples, explore the museums, or just try the food, applying for an eVisa will get you there. If you are in need of more information or need help applying for your Cambodian online visa, our experts are here to help. Please contact us if you have any questions.