Cambodia Visa Requirements for Chileans
Prior to embarking on a trip to Cambodia, citizens of Chile must first obtain permission from the Cambodian government. Luckily travelers can avoid having to pay a visit to the consulate or embassy in person as an application for a Cambodia eVisa can be completed online quickly and easily.
With this electronic travel authorization, an eligible traveler from Chile may enter Cambodia for a maximum of 30 consecutive days.
This type of online travel permit for Vietnam allows Chilean passengers to visit the country any time of the year and trouble-free since it is a quick, user-friendly process for all travelers.
Cambodia Visa Application for Citizens of Chile
The goal of the Cambodia online visa is to make it simpler for travelers to enter and travel around in Cambodia. Though, Chilean travelers must first complete a couple of steps before they can submit their Cambodian visa application and start preparing their visit to the country.
The following documents must be kept at hand to speed up the process:
- All travelers must be in possession of a valid Chilean passport before permission to enter Cambodia will be granted. The passport must still be valid for at least six months from the arrival date. Failure to adhere to this could mean that your application for a visa will get denied.
- All applicants must have a recent digital passport-size photo. It can be in PNG or JPEG file format.
- A valid email address is also important, as a copy of the eVisa will be sent by means of email.
Although the eVisa is connected to the applicant’s passport, Chilean travelers are strongly urged to keep a copy of their eVisa with them as well. Therefore, it is best to print out the eVisa in the event that it must be shown to an immigration officer.
To pay for the visa (there is a fee involved), applicants from Chile also need to have a valid debit or credit card.
Once all these documents are at hand and every step is completed, an online application form for a Cambodia visa can be filled out by Chilean passport holders.
This form will ask travelers a couple of straightforward questions and the majority of applicants can complete it in more or less ten minutes. Chilean applicants will be asked questions about their background, such as:
- The reason for the visit. Travelers can specify if their trip is for tourism, business purposes, educational intentions, visiting relatives or else
- Name and surname. Applicants must be certain that the information is the same that appears on their official documents, such as passport and other ID cards
- Date of birth
- Chilean passport number and date of expiration. If travelers have more than one passport (double nationality), they need to submit their application with the same document they carry on their travel to Vietnam
After the application form has been completed, submitted and the fee paid, Chilean citizens will be notified by means of email regarding any updates. If the visa has been approved, it will be emailed directly to the address provided and will be valid for a period of three months since the date on which it was issued.
It is best to apply at least four days prior to the date of departure to allow enough time for the tourist visa application so that disappointment or inconveniences can be avoided. To enter Cambodia, the same passport must be used which has been presented during this application process.
Cambodian Crossing Borders for Chilean Travelers
There are basically three land border crossings to enter Cambodia: the ones located in Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos.
Chilean travelers can access Cambodia through Thailand, being Aranyaprathet-Poipet the most popular entry point in the area. However, it is also possible for them to enter through several other access areas, such as Cham Yeam or Chong Jom, for instance. These border crossings are open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm in most cases.
In the case of the Vietnam crossing borders to Cambodia, Chileans can enter through 4 main access points: Le Thanh, Tinh Bien, Xa Xia, and Vinh Xnong. It is important to be aware of the possible scams and other situations travelers might encounter when crossing to Cambodia.
Lastly, Chileans can also access Cambodia through the Laos checkpoints, being Si Phan Don the most common one. Travelers should bring cash in order to pay possible fees when crossing to Cambodian territory, however, it is also advised to pay attention to possible frauds in the border.