Legendary temples, bustling markets, colorful cities, and more: if you are looking for culture and adventure, the country of Cambodia should be at the top of your list.
It is the perfect destination, whether you’re planning a month-long trip throughout Southeast Asia or just a week-long adventure to discover a new country.
However, before you can pack your bags and board a plane, it is important to note that citizens of the United Kingdom (United Kingdom passport holders) are required to have a visa to enter Cambodia. Thankfully, the process is quick and simple. It takes less than 20 minutes to fill out and submit an application.
If you’re planning a trip to Cambodia (or are just curious about what to expect), read our guide that will take you through the visa requirements, the application process, and more.
Cambodia Visa Requirements for UK Citizens
Before you can apply for your Cambodian visa, there are a handful of things that you must have in order to apply. Here is a quick and simple list of what to keep on hand as you fill out the application:
- Valid passport: Every traveler must have a valid United Kingdom passport before they can enter the country of Cambodia. You must also make sure that your passport is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in Cambodia. Otherwise, your visa application may be denied.
- Valid email address: Even though your eVisa will be linked to your passport, it is still important to have a copy of the document just in case. You will receive a copy of your eVisa via email address. It is recommended to have this copy printed out, just in case you need to show it to the immigration officer when you arrive in Cambodia.
- Digital photo: The online Cambodia visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Required information: The application will ask you a few questions about your background, which might include but is not limited to:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
What Documents Do UK Citizens Need to Get a Visa for Cambodia?
United Kingdom passport holders only need to have a recent digital photo, their passport information, and a form of payment to pay for the eVisa.
Applying for a Cambodia visa for UK citizens is easy, especially when it comes to the documents that you need in order to start your application. For more information, including a breakdown of each document, please see the Cambodia visa requirements page.
Apply for Cambodian eVisa from United Kingdom
To begin applying for your Cambodia visa, you must start an online application. From there, the application will ask you basic information such as your name, surname, passport information, your purpose of visiting Cambodia, if you have any relatives living in Cambodia, and so on.
The process is very straightforward and will take most people less than 10 minutes to complete the form.
The Cambodian tourist Visa (also known as “T visas”) are issued for stays up to 30 days, although it is possible to extend your visa for an additional 30 days (for a total of 60 days).
After you finish the application, you will need to wait for the approval of your Cambodian eVisa. The average time it takes to get an approval in your email inbox is usually within 24 hours, but sometimes it may take up to five days.
If you are planning to visit Cambodia, it is a good idea to consider applying for your visa as soon as you know your travel dates. By having a visa ahead of time, you will be able to enjoy a stress-free trip. Apply for a Cambodian visa today.
FAQ’s About Cambodia eVisa for UK Citizens
The online eVisa is the easiest and fastest system Brits can access in order to get a travel permit for Cambodia for tourism purposes.
As it’s the case with the vast majority of visas around the world, application fees apply. The Cambodian eVisa is designed to make things more convenient for travelers and to boost international tourism. However, the man-hours needed to screen online applications come at a cost.
The government uses these funds to cover administrative fees and does not earn a profit from eVisa applications.
Many British tourists choose to use the services of online specialized immigration agencies as they submit their eVisa application. These agencies offer personalized assistance and the careful review of their paperwork. This guarantees an error-free application.
There are several visa options for Cambodia available to British citizens. The visa type one should apply for depends on their specific circumstances such as the intended duration and purpose of their trip.
The Cambodian eVisa is the fastest and easiest visa you can apply for. You can submit your application from your home or office before leaving as you’ll only need a device that can connect to the internet and the required supporting documents.
You will have to complete an online application form in all its parts. This may ask you to provide passport, personal, and contact information.