As there are only a few visa-exempt nationalities for Cambodia, mostly other Southeast Asian nations, travelers from Brazil require a visa to visit Cambodia. Brazilian passport holders are eligible to apply for different visa types for Cambodia, depending on the purpose and intended duration of the stay in the country.
The most commonly used type of visa by Brazillian citizens is the Cambodia electronic visa for tourists, which permits a stay of 30 days in the country within a 90-day period of validity. This visa is the easiest to apply for because you can apply for the visa from the comfort of your home provided you have a computer with an internet connection. The eVisa was introduced to save the traveler from trips to the embassy or long queues for a visa on arrival when entering Cambodia.
All Brazilian passport holders should first meet the requirements for a Cambodia eVisa application to be eligible to apply.
Required Documents for the Cambodia Visa from Brazil
Travelers from Brazil need the following documents as part of the requirements to apply for the Cambodia eVisa for Brazilian passport holders:
- A valid Brazilian passport – This is the most important requirement for the Cambodia eVisa application. To be able to apply for a Cambodia visa, the applicant should have a valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the planned entry date. If this requirement is not met, your visa application risks being declined.
- Digital Photo – Another important requirement is a passport-sized photograph in PNG or JPEG format. This photo should be in color and taken against a white background.
- Applicants’ email address – This email will be used for official communication during the visa application process. It will be used to send notifications on the status of the visa. A copy of the eVisa will also be sent to this email once successfully processing.
- Payment Mode and Details – It is necessary to pay the visa processing fees using a valid credit/debit card.
Brazilian citizens are required to use the same passport to complete the Cambodia eVisa application as that which they will later use to travel to Cambodia, as the approved visa is electronically linked to an individual passport. Those with dual nationality should keep this in mind.
Apply online for the Cambodia eVisa as a Brazilian citizen
Brazilian citizens who have met the requirements listed earlier can easily apply for the Cambodia online visa for Brazilians. This process entails completing an online application form with basic personal and passport information.
It is necessary to complete the form with the following:
- Full names
- Date of birth
- The purpose of the visit
- Details of any relatives living in Cambodia
- Passport number
- Passport validity status
The Cambodia tourist visa is valid for a period of 30 consecutive days; however, the applicant can apply for an extension of the visa to a maximum of 60 days.
Those who wish to obtain a Cambodian visa from Brazil for purposes other than tourism, or for longer periods of consecutive stay, are required to apply for a visa from the nearest Cambodian embassy or consulate.
Brazilian citizens with diplomatic passports like ambassadors and servicemen passports from Brazil are exempted from applying for a visa to travel to Cambodia. This implies that diplomats from Brazil will not be required to provide a visa to enter Cambodia.
Enter Cambodia with an eVisa from Brazil
Once the visa is ready a copy of the eVisa will be sent to the applicant via the email provided during application. Although The eVisa will also be linked to the travelers’ passport, it is advisable to print a copy of the visa as it may be required for official use when entering Cambodia.
Citizens of Brazil are able to use the Cambodian eVisa at the following points of entry to gain access to the country:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanoukville International Airport
- Cham Yeam (from Thailand)
- Poi Pet (from Thailand)
- Bavet (from Vietnam)
- Tropaeng Kreal (from Laos)