Belgian citizens are required to have a visa for Cambodia and a valid Belgian passport to enter the country. There are different visa types for Cambodia that Belgians are eligible to apply for depending on the reason for their visit. The government of Cambodia has recently introduced an online electronic visa for a number of eligible countries, including citizens of Belgium.
An approved Cambodia eVisa for citizens of Belgium is sent to the applicant via email, eliminating the need to apply from an embassy or consulate or wait in long lines at Cambodian border control to obtain a visa on arrival. It is a single entry visa valid for a stay of 30 days for tourism, and valid for a total of 90 days from the date of approval.
Continue reading to learn more about applying for a Cambodia visa from Belgium.
Visa Requirements for Belgian Citizens
All Belgian citizens are required to meet the eVisa requirements for Cambodia before they can get started on the visa application process. The mandatory visa requirements for Belgian citizens are as follows:
- Official Passport from Belgium: The applicant must possess a valid Belgian passport. This passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the time of the applicants’ intended arrival in Cambodia.
- A digital photo in JPEG or PNG format: The applicant is required to provide a recently taken photo (passport size) for the application of a visa. This photo should be in color and be taken against a white background. The photo should be taken within 6 months of the applicant’s visa application.
- Email address: During the visa application, the applicant will be required to provide a valid email address. This email will be used to notify the traveler whether their visa application was successful or if it was declined.
- Credit or debit card: The visa is processed for a fee; therefore, you will be required to offer to provide details on payment processing such as a debit or credit card.
Online Visa Application for Belgians
Tourists from Belgium do not need to go to a Cambodian embassy or queue at the airport when entering Cambodia to apply for the Cambodia Visa. Belgian citizens are eligible to apply for the Cambodia eVisa via an online portal. The online visa application for Belgians is easy and straightforward.
The applicant is required to fill an online application form with the following basic personal and passport details:
- Data about the applicant, such as date of birth, names, and current address
- Reasons for visiting Cambodia
- Passport details such as passport number, expiration date, and nationality.
The process takes around 15 minutes to complete.
Once the applicant submits the online form, the visa application can take as little as 24 hours to process. The applicant will receive a notification at the email provided on the online application. The approval may take longer depending on the day of application.
Once the visa is processed, a copy of the eVisa is sent by email. Although the eVisa is electronically linked to the applicant’s passport, it is still advisable to print copies of the visa for presentation if requested by immigration officers when entering Cambodia.
The Cambodian eVisa is issued for stays of up to 30 consecutive days from the date of entry. However, the applicant can extend the validity period up to 60 days.Online Application for Belgians
Diplomatic & Official Passport from Belgium
Belgians with an official and diplomatic passport are granted access to Cambodia without the need for a visa. On arrival to Cambodia, they are only required to produce a valid diplomatic passport to enter Cambodia.
All Belgian citizens with an ordinary (non-diplomatic) passport are required to apply for a Cambodia eVisa to enter the country for short stays for tourism. To visit the country for other purposes, such as to work or study, or for periods longer than 30 conservative days, are required to apply for a visa from a Cambodian embassy or consulate.
It is also possible to obtain a Cambodia visa on arrival, but this involves waiting in long lines at Cambodian border control. Applying for the eVisa saves the traveler the time and hassle, and allows expedited entry to the country.