Cambodia eVisa for Austrians
There are only a few countries whose citizens are able to travel to Cambodia visa-free, including a number of Southeast nations such as Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia. Citizens of the majority of foreign countries are required to have a visa to enter the country. Travelers from Austria need a valid Austrian passport and a visa to enter Cambodia.
Travelers from Austria are eligible to apply for different types of visas for Cambodia, but the most convenient option is to obtain a Cambodia eVisa for Austrian citizens through a simple online application. An approved Cambodia eVisa is valid for purposes of tourism and allows a total stay of 30 days within a 90-day period of validity.
Visa Application Process for Austrian Citizens
In order to boost tourism in the country, the government of Cambodia has implemented an online tourist visa for a number of nationalities, including citizens of Austria, which eliminates the need to apply for a visa from an embassy or consulate for short stays, to to queue at the border for a Cambodia visa on arrival.
If the traveler has a valid Austrian passport, they can now apply for a Cambodia Visa online from the comfort of their own home. This saves travelers the hustle of going to the embassy or queueing at the border to complete a visa application when entering Cambodia.
The application process is straightforward and can be completed in a few minutes. The process entails completing an online visa application form with basic personal and passport information. It is necessary to include the following information on the application form.
- Passport information such as passport number, expiry date, and nationality
- Information about any relatives living in Cambodia
- Personal data which includes full name, date of birth, and address
- Reason for visiting Cambodia.
After submitting the form the visa can take as little as 24hours to be processed, however, it can take up to a week to be depending on the time of application and demand. The eVisa is normally valid for stays of up to 30 consecutive days, although there is an option for an extension of up to a total of 60 days.
If you have any questions or you are encountering any difficulties with your online visa application, we are always glad to help. Feel free to contact us for further information.Online Application Form
eVisa Requirements for Austrian Citizens
To successfully apply for the Cambodia eVisa from Austria, it is necessary to meet the following entry visa requirements:
- A Valid Passport – Austrian applicants need a valid passport to be able to apply for the Cambodia eVisa. The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the expected date of arrival in Cambodia. If the applicant fails to meet this requirement their application is most likely to be denied.
- A digital photo – The visa applicant should have a recent digital photo taken within a period of 6 months before the application date. The photo should be in color and in either PNG or JPG format.
- Valid email address – Once the eVisa is ready it will be sent to this email. The eVisa will also be linked to the passport, although it is nevertheless recommended that the traveler print a copy. The printed copy may be requested by immigration officers at the point of entry to Cambodia.
- A valid credit or debit card – Current debit or credit card details are required to pay the eVisa processing fee.
All applicants are also required to indicate the type of visa they are applying for and the reason for travel on the online form. The traveler is advised to start the visa application process as soon as the travel dates are confirmed, and at least 1 week before the intended date of entry to Cambodia.
The passport that will be used to enter Cambodia should match the passport used by the traveler to apply for the visa, as the approved eVisa for Austrian citizens is electronically linked to an individual travel document. If any traveler enters Cambodia using the wrong visa type or for purposes that are deemed unlawful, it is likely will be fined and will be required to leave the country within a period of 7 days.