Cambodia is the perfect travel destination for Australians, whether it’s for a fun summer break trip, over a weekend with friends, or to explore the many cultural sites that the country has to offer. In fact, Cambodia is a country that’s waiting to be discovered and explored: walk through the streets of the phenomenal capital, Phnom Penh, visit the UNESCO-listed Angkor Wat Archaeological Park, go shopping at the floating villages of Tonlé Sap, and so much more.
However, it is important that you have a valid visa before traveling to Cambodia. Thankfully it’s quick and easy to apply and get approved for a Cambodia visa for Australian citizens.
Passport Requirements for Australians
Before you can apply for your Cambodian visa, there are a handful of things that you need in order to submit your application.
Here is a quick list of requirements you need to keep on hand as you fill out the application:
- Valid passport: Every traveler must have a valid Australian passport before they can enter the Kingdom of Cambodia. You must also make sure that your passport is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in Cambodia. Otherwise, your visa application may be denied
- Digital photo: The online Cambodia visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format)
- Valid email address: Even though your eVisa will be linked to your passport, it is still important to have a copy of the document just in case. You will receive a copy of your eVisa via email address. It is recommended to have this copy printed out, just in case you need to show it to the immigration officer when you arrive in Cambodia
The application will ask you a few questions about your background, which might include but is not limited to:
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
Cambodia Visa Requirements for Australian Citizens
The only requirements that Australian citizens need in order to apply for their Cambodian visa are a valid passport and a recent digital photo
In rare cases, the Cambodian embassy may also ask you to provide information about your health (such as recent vaccines or immunizations), and/or evidence of finances (such as a letter of employment or a recent bank statement). Although this is unlikely, it is still a good idea to have such documents on hand just in case.
Application Process for Cambodia Visa from Australia
To begin applying for your Cambodia visa, you must start an online application. From there, the application will ask you basic information such as your name, surname, passport information, your purpose of visiting Cambodia, if you have any relatives living in Cambodia, and so on.
The process is very straightforward and will take most people less than 10 minutes to complete the form.
The Cambodian tourist eVisa (also called “T visas”) are issued for stays up to 30 days, although it is possible to extend your visa for an additional 30 days (for a total of 60 days).
After you finish the application, you will need to wait for the approval of your Cambodian eVisa. The average time it takes to get an approval in your email inbox is usually within 24 hours, but sometimes it may take up to five days.
If you are looking for a fun and exciting Southeast Asia experience, look no further and add a trip to Cambodia to your list. To have an easy and stress-free experience, we recommend applying for your eVisa as soon as you know your travel dates so that you can experience all of the amazing things that this country has to offer.