The majority of foreign passport holders are required to obtain a visa for Cambodia to visit the country, with the exception of only a few other Southeast Asian nationalities. Travelers from Argentina seeking to visit the kingdom of Cambodia need a valid Argentine passport and a Cambodia visa.
There are different types of Cambodia Visas that Argentine travelers can use to enter Cambodia. The most common visa that is used to enter Cambodia is the eVisa, available through a simple online application. Argentina is among the countries whose citizens are eligible to apply for the eVisa. An approved eVisa for Cambodia allows a total stay of 30 days in the country and is valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
How to Obtain a Cambodia Visa from Argentina
Travelers from Argentia are able to obtain a single entry visa from Cambodia for short stays for tourism through a simple online application, which eliminates the need to apply from an embassy or consulate or wait in queues at the Cambodia border to obtain a visa on arrival for the country. The online application can be completed in just a few minutes, and applicants receive an approved visa via email.
Those who wish to visit the country for purposes other than tourism or for stays longer than 30 days are required to apply for a Cambodia visa from Argentina from the nearest Cambodian embassy or consulate.
Online Application for a Cambodia Visa for Argentines
The Cambodia visa application for Argentine passport holders is easy and straightforward, and applicants can complete the online application form from the comfort of their own home with basic personal and passport information.
The information it is necessary to include on the form includes:
- Personal details which include name, area of residence and date of birth
- Passport details such as nationality, travel document number, and expiry date
- Reasons for visiting Cambodia
- Details of relatives living in Cambodia, if any
- Travel plans.
When the applicant completes the online form, they should allow for a period of 1 to 5 days for processing and approval of their visa. When the application is processed successfully, the applicant will receive a notification via email accompanied by a copy of the visa.
The Cambodia eVisa will also be automatically linked to the Argentine passport when processed successfully. The copy can be printed for use during your visit to Cambodia. The tourist visa is valid for 30 consecutive days. although the validity can be extended to a total of 60 days.Apply for eVisa
Visa Requirements for Argentine Citizens
Travelers are required to meet some basic requirements to be eligible to apply for the Cambodia eVisa from Argentina. The requirements for the Cambodia eVisa are as follows:
- Valid Argentine passport: The applicant is required to have an Argentine passport. This passport should have a minimum of 6 months validity from the intended date of arrival in Cambodia. If the traveler’s passport fails to meet this requirement the chances are the visa application will be denied.
- Digital Photo: To apply for the Cambodian eVisa the applicant must be in possession of a digital photo taken within the previous 6 months. The photo should be in color, taken against a white background and in a PNG or JPEG format.
- A valid email address: The email address is required to notify the applicant of the status of their visa application. This email also serves as the recipient’s email address for a copy of the processed visa if the visa application process is successful.
- Credit/Debit card: The applicant is required to provide valid credit or debit card details to pay the fee required to process the eVisa.
Once the traveler meets the above requirements, they can begin the online application process.
Once approved, holders of an eVisa for Argentines are able to use a printed copy of the visa alongside the traveler’s passport to gain entry to Cambodia at any of the following ports of entry:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanoukville International Airport
- Cham Yeam (Thailand border crossing)
- Poi Pet (Thailand border crossing)
- Bavet (Vietnam border crossing)
- Tropaeng Kreal (Laos border crossing).