If you are a US citizen planning a trip to Southeast Asia, don’t forget to add Cambodia to your list. For years, this hidden gem of a country was overshadowed by its more famous neighbors such as Thailand and Vietnam. However, more and more tourists are putting Cambodia on their list: With more than 21 provinces, 4,000 temples, and 13,400 villages, there are hundreds of things to do in the so-called “Land of Peace and Prosperity.”
Watching the sunrise at Angor Wat, visiting an elephant sanctuary, walking through a beautifully-illuminated beach at Koh Rong, or people watching on Pub Street are just a few of the things that you can do in Cambodia.
If you’re getting a sense of wanderlust and are ready to book your ticket to Cambodia, don’t forget to apply for your eVisa. Obtaining a Cambodia visa for US citizens is simple and easy, and will take you less than 20 minutes.
Cambodia Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens
Before you can apply for your Cambodian visa, there are a handful of things that you need in order to submit your application. Here is a quick and simple list of requirements on hand as you fill out the application:
- Valid passport: Every traveler must have a valid United States passport before they can enter the country of Cambodia. You must also make sure that your passport is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in Cambodia. Otherwise, your visa application may be denied.
- Digital photo: The online Cambodia visa application requires all travelers to have a recent passport-size photo in digital format (either in JPEG or PNG format).
- Valid email address: Even though your eVisa will be linked to your passport, it is still important to have a copy of the document just in case. You will receive a copy of your eVisa via email address. It is recommended to have this copy printed out, just in case you need to show it to the immigration officer when you arrive in Cambodia.
- Personal information (full name, address, date of birth, etc.)
- Passport details (number, expiration date, nationality, etc.)
- Purpose of visit
What Do Americans Citizens Need to Get a Visa for Cambodia?
The process is simple and only requires a few pieces of information about you and your intended trip.
The only thing that United States passport holders need in order to get a visa for Cambodia is to fill out an application and successfully get approved for an eVisa.
How to Apply for a Cambodian eVisa from the USA
To begin applying for your Cambodia visa, you must start an online application. From there, the application will ask you basic information such as your name, surname, passport information, your purpose of visiting Cambodia, if you have any relatives living in Cambodia, and so on.
The process is very straightforward and will take most people less than 10 minutes to complete the form.
The Cambodian tourist eVisas (“T visas”) are issued for stays of up to 30 days, although it is possible to extend your visa for an additional 30 days (for a total of 60 days).
After you finish the application, you will need to wait for the approval of your Cambodian eVisa. The average time it takes to get an approval in your email inbox is usually within 24 hours, but sometimes it may take up to five days.
If you’re looking for an authentic Southeast Asian experience, look no further than a trip to Cambodia. To have an easy and stress-free experience, we recommend applying for your eVisa as soon as possible so that you can experience all of the amazing things that this country has to offer. Apply for a Cambodian visa today.